One Single Mom

Just the varied ramblings (and rants) of a middle-aged (?) woman, a single mom, from the Texas Panhandle.

Friday, July 23, 2004

My Very First Blog Post - I'm so excited!!

After months of wondering exactly what the heck a BLOG was, I came across one by a young man from Dallas, TX that explained it - and I was HOOKED!!
 
Since this is my first attempt at ANY kind of website or other internet posting of my "own" creation, please bear with me.
 
Just a word to those of you who do not know me (hell, I've known me since I was born and I'm not sure I can claim to), let me give you a little bit of general info - just so you know where I'm coming from. 
 
I am 42, married once (1982) and divorced (1989) and the mother of three:   two older "children" (they will kill me for calling them that, since they are now both at least 18 years old) who have kept me sane and driven me crazy for the past 20 years and my youngest, a two-year-old angel who was my fortieth (surprise!) birthday present to myself.  (Here's where you go "ok, now - obviously she didn't have a 13-year pregnancy, and she's only been married once, so - where's the 3rd kid's dad?  The answer is - he's at home in Mesquite TX, with his wife and his mother-in-law.  We'll talk more about that later.)
 
Of all the things I could or have been in my life, I am happiest to have been (and to still be) their mom.  And a lot of the time I really sucked at it - but - I did what I did and always loved them.  Some day I know they'll see the big picture. Hopefully they'll treasure the good and not dwell on the bad - and we'll keep on being a family.
 
Ok - you'll undoubtedly be hearing a lot more about them from here on out - so I'll move on to something else for now.  The main reason I wanted to create this internet journal was so that I would have some kind of outlet where I can vent about being a woman - single mom - sister - daughter - friend - and all that goes with it.  A place where I could say whatever I want, whenever I want - and if someone comes along and has a comment about it - GREAT - if not - who cares??  This is ALL mine - and I LOVE IT!!!
 
Maybe it will be my "therapy", since I can't afford any of the professional variety at this time in my life - and maybe someone else will find it and say "Hey - i've been there, too - this lady knows how it feels to be ME!"
 
What if I get discovered?  I've always wanted to be famous for being funny - maybe some kind of cross between Erma Bombeck (God rest her) and Roseanne?  Who knows?
 
At any rate, I don't care what anybody else thinks, really, as long as I can have my own little place to escape to and as long as this thing is still free - if they start charging me for it - I'm SOL!!!
 
(This is SO FUN - I keep switching to "preview" just to see what this will look like when I hit "publish post".)
 
I'm going to quit typing now, and go check out the other fun things I can do here - maybe I'll see about posting pics??  I'm not sure - but oh well!!  --osm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home