One Single Mom

Just the varied ramblings (and rants) of a middle-aged (?) woman, a single mom, from the Texas Panhandle.

Sunday, August 01, 2004

WOW! My First Comment... Somebody IS Reading This!!

Hey! I received my first comment tonight on my blog. That was a funny feeling, I must say (thank you, Ed Grimly).

I went to reply to that post - and sort of ended up writing a mini-post of my own on the other person's blog - so I thought I'd be lazy and just copy/paste it here and use it my own self:

O M G!! There can't be more of me/you out here!! :)Thanks for the comment earlier - I wouldn't go so far as to say that I am an amazing person - more like I'm an AMAZED person - amazed to be where I am sometimes, lol....

I am a child of the early sixties (LOVED Petticoat Junction and grew up make-believing my friend Lori Jane McClure and I were Samantha and Tabitha because BEWITCHED ROCKS - and we lived with the MONKEES!!) - and I AM a blonde with killer measurements - if I FALL ON YOU!!! ha ha ha....

I consider myself a dysfunctional bulemic - I can binge, but I can't purge. Here's a word for your personal dictionary: fatorexic. I KNOW I'm fat cuz the scales say so - but in my mind, I'm just a skinny little bitch!!

Doesn't being single suck at our age?? Of all the people I know, I'm the least socially active; even though I had a baby in 2002, I haven't had a date (not to mention s-e-x) in something like 3 years. YIPES!!! There has to be a word to make up for that one, but as of yet, I haven't been able to! I've been single now for over 15 years, and with the exception of 2 particular intimate relationships - both within the last 5 years - it's been a long haul by myself.

I really hate it - but I don't want to try dating, either. Too scary, too dangerous, and inevitibly ends in disaster. I have no clue how to fix this. If anyone has a suggestion, please feel free to let me know. I do not want to grow old alone by any means, and the truth is, my youngest daughter deserves a daddy in her life - one worthy of her love and respect - unlike the sperm donor who, for now, will remain anonymous in this blog. Funny, since I originally entertained the idea of a blog for the almost sole purpose of plastering his name all over it - sort of my version of the proverbial "cyber bathroom wall" graffiti that would be most fitting for someone of his low character. But then I thought "what does that say about MY character?" and that pretty much slowed me down.

I only blog when the spirit hits me - but I am going to try to add something at least weekly. I have no idea which direction this will take me, but I am THRILLED to no end to be doing it.

OH - and one more thing - regarding Reality TV: I HAVE THE LIVE FEED, BABY!! If you have any questions about BB5 and what's going on - ASK ME!! I work from home - and I'm nearly always online (as my posting times will bear witness). It's a very indulgent pasttime, I agree - how sad is it to be so "into" what these strange people do living in a house all together?? My sister has a co-worker who always gets the live feed (this is my first time). Anyway, she describes it perfectly - she calls it "watching her ants" (as in an ant farm) - which is actually quite appropriate when you think about it. I keep wondering what will happen if I hold a magnifying glass up to the sun and aim the beam of light at Jase or Scott - would their heads explode or something??? oh well - I can dream.... osm

3 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I love it - someone who "gets" us. Paula is the single one. I'm married. We have seven kids between us. Hope you continue to stop by the blog. I'm adding a link to yours on One of Us.

    BB5 is much like blogging---this feels like reading somebody's diary, bb5 feels like window peeking (although I'm completely jealous that you have the feed). Check out http://www.fansofrealitytv.com. There is a great thread going about the twin switching.

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Blogger OneSingleMom said…

    Hey Jen -

    Thanks for the comment! PLEASE feel free to "ping" me anytime if you want live feed updates. I work from home - I'm always in front of the 'puter, it seems - so I'll be happy to update you with what they HGs are doing!! You missed some particularly good stuff a few nights ago - especially Will's BJ101 class for Diane - using a cucumber as a visual aid. I nearly fell out of my chair laughing - I know the neighbors must have heard me. ...osm

     
  • At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home