One Single Mom

Just the varied ramblings (and rants) of a middle-aged (?) woman, a single mom, from the Texas Panhandle.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

What Started as a Comment....

Has again become a whole post!

I originally penned this as a reply to a comment from JustMe - and then:


Hey JM - thanks for the offer!! One of these days (when I finally get caught up on things I SHOULD be doing - like work) I will probably take you up on that!! I found some templates already out on blogger that I liked (one called "Tequila" really caught my eye - but maybe that's because I think I NEED some tequilas, lol). I really want to find one like that and then tweak it to make it MINE MINE MINE!!! (with the original creator's permission, of course, I guess)

I could spend WAY too much time doing this - which is probably why it's either feast or famine around here - because when I'm blogging, I'm not doing much of anything else. That would be fine, If blogging PAID the bills, I guess!! I could stand to support myself by just talking about random stuff and pointing out other people's weaknesses - how groovy would that be? oops - see - I'm regressing into a whole post now - I better quit before I use up all my ideas in a comment/reply!!

Oh what the hell!! I'll just make it a post. There. Done.

So far tonight, I've spent about 6 hours cruising the blog "drag". I've laughed out loud and sent some emails and written some comments and wondered about why some of my other blogger friends haven't posted in 2 days (when they usually post at LEAST every day) - everything ok out there?? Maybe I'm just getting a taste of my own medicine for being a negligent blogger and being away for so long without any warning? I doubt it - although I know some people noticed my absence, (and they are after all THE most important people), it didn't really cause a very big ripple in the big scheme of things. Especially not compared to what's been going on elsewhere in the world, eh?

I suppose I should just give it up for tonight and head for bed - I agreed to keep my niece while my sister works tomorrow morning, which means I'll be getting a phone call around 7am to tell me to get up and answer the door (it's 2am now). YIPES!!!

Just in case I don't blog again tomorrow(/today?) - my oldest daughter turns 21 today (Jan 8). O M G - that can't be!! I still need to write a not to her to be given with her birthday gift from me - a pearl necklace that was started for me upon my birth, with a new pearl added every year on my birthday - until I turned age 20 (which means it now has 21 pearls on it, duh). I think that's very fitting, don't you? I also purchased a very inexpensive car stereo w/cd for her at wmart the day after Christmas (I already gave that to her). I'm still waiting for her to get it installed. She better hurry up, or I'll be taking it back to pay for our dinner out at Logan's tonight (no, I mean later tonight on Saturday - gosh it's weird to type about today when I still haven't been to bed yet last night). So, if you're in Amarillo and want to drop by Logan's Roadhouse around 6pm tomorrow/tonight - we'll be the table of geeks with a birthday cake making her stand in a chair while we sing "Happy Birthday"!!!

Anyway - y'all wish her a Happy Birthday, would ya? I'm not exactly sure how to share it with her - but I'll figure something out. I'm certainly NOT going to publish her email address online, and although she knows I HAVE a blog, she doesn't actually know the name of it - nor has she ever read it (that's by design, so that I can say whatever I want without offending/hurting feelings or having it held against me later - not that she's prone to that type of thing). Anyway, she's basically the poster child for parenting - everyone we knew who didn't have kids WANTED one after she was born because she was JUST SO DARN ADORABLE!! And she still is - most of the time - and she sure makes me glad to be her MOM!!! Happy Birthday, Pnknhaid!!! ...osm

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Toron said…

    Happy birthday to your daughter! And yes, that pearl thing is an absolutely brilliant gift. Maybe I should do that with my future kid hmmm...

    Hey, dont worry about the counter. People do read your blog (and gets frustrated when there are no updates *wink*). So keep em coming!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home