One Single Mom

Just the varied ramblings (and rants) of a middle-aged (?) woman, a single mom, from the Texas Panhandle.

Monday, August 23, 2004

DWPF, Computer Literate but Somewhat Confused iso Blogging Expert for Friendship, Possible LTR

Can ANYONE out there tell me how to add to my sidebar in this format?? I would like to provide links to some other blogs I like to read, but I cannot figure out how. I tried reading the blogger help, but since I don't understand what I'm doing in the first place, I didn't really understand WHERE to add the html text provided in the help section on sidebars.

What I'm wondering is this: do I need to change the template of my entire blog to another one?? Are there some out here that support sidebars and some that do not?? Or can anyone talk/walk me through adding a sidebar to my existing template??

I'm willing to barter/trade for help - providing I have what someone's interested in (and that it's legal and moral - if not in good taste, lol).

THANKS!!! ...osm

10 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    I can help you, OSM. I'm a web developer by trade and would be happy to assist. Do you want to have something that automatically can add a link to your list? www.blogrolling.com has a great tool to do this. As you blogsurf and run across one that you like, you can add it to the list. They will give you a piece of code and I can walk you through putting it on the template.

     
  • At 9:26 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    on the other hand...if you want to just customize a list without blogrolling, you will need to update the list yourself periodically. If you have a couple of links that you want to start with, I can show you how to do that instead.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger OneSingleMom said…

    Jen - I'm not sure exactly how/what I want to do. I am mainly wondering if the format of my blog (the template I have chosen) has something built in to handle sidebars - I cannot tell. It looks to me as if some of the other templates are set up with a sidebar section for links, but I cannot tell about this one.

    I don't mind changing my format - as long as it won't delete anything I've posted thus far (or any comments I've received).

    Let me know if you would like to contact me directly about this - I'm open to any help you are willing to give!! And by the way, I really appreciate it as well!! ...osm

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    You have to go in and alter the template code. I'd be happy to contact you directly and help you.

     
  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger OneSingleMom said…

    Ok, Jen - GREAT! Now, how do I give you my contact information without giving out to the whole blogging world and my millions of readers?? (ha!) ...osm

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    Very good point....hmmm. Let me think on that just a bit. I may have a way.

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Blogger Jen said…

    OSM - go to this temporary web address. http://www.pleasantvilleonline.com/osm_only.php

     
  • At 11:10 PM, Blogger OneSingleMom said…

    Jen - I tried - my internet was down for a while tonight, so it looks like you posted this about an hour and a half before i got it. It says the page cannot be displayed. Sorry - did I miss you?

    If you will ck my profile you can find one of my instant messenger names - (yahoo, I believe) - can you use that to IM me sometime? ...osm

     
  • At 4:56 AM, Blogger Jen said…

    That will work. I disabled the page I had posted so I don't get a bunch of whackos posting to it. I'll download yahoo messenger and contact you.

     
  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger OneSingleMom said…

    Thanks, Jen - sorry if I missed you earlier this morning - I was playing hookey. I should be at the computer the rest of the day. Just ping when you have the time. ...osm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home